Frequently Asked Questions
We understand that choosing the right school for your child is an important decision, which is why we strive to provide parents with as much relevant information as possible. Below are questions that members of our admissions team are often asked by families. We hope these answers will help give a clearer picture of what happens at ISB.
Our class sizes vary depending on grade level:
- PreK 3: Maximum 12 students per class
- PreK 4: Maximum 14 students per class
- Kindergarten-Grade 1: Maximum 18 students per class
- Grades 2-5: Maximum 20 students per class
- Grades 6-12: Maximum 22 students per class
ISB boasts approximately 1,700 students representing more than 53 nationalities. On average, 45 percent of our students hold US passports, 13 percent are from Hong Kong, Taiwan or Macao, 12 percent are from South Korea, 9 percent are from Canada, 3 percent are from Australia and 3 percent are from Singapore. The remaining 15 percent represent more than 40 countries.
Our Middle School and High School students will have a different teacher assigned for each subject and placement is based on level, schedule and student make up of classes.
- Chinese language is offered from PreK 3 to Grade 12
- French is available for students in Grades 4 to 12
- Spanish is available to students in Grades 9 to 12
ISB coordinates a bus services with an external contractor to enable students to travel to and from school. Annual fees for this service vary depending on the distance students commute. The bus service is an optional, annual fee that is refundable per semester.
Click here for more information about tuition fees, capital fees and bus fees.