OUR RICH HISTORY
Celebrating academic excellence since 1980, International School of Beijing (ISB) is embracing the challenges and rewards of the future of education. Through a tailored, connected, real-world curriculum known as Learning21@ISB, our experienced and passionate teachers provide students with exceptional opportunities to grow as individuals, as scholars, and as contributing members of the community.
CURRICULUM AND CULTURE
Our curriculum and our culture are grounded in our core values:
ISB has exceptional facilities, and offers superb opportunities in sports, service, and the arts. In our welcoming community, students find a purposeful balance of rigorous academics and enriching personal growth.
ISB follows a standards-based curriculum that draws upon the best elements of international curriculum models for Pre-Kindergarten 3 – Grade 12 classes. For high school students, ISB offers a full IB diploma program or IB certificate options for students in grades 11 and 12, as well as a number of Advanced Placement (AP) courses.
WORLD CLASS FACILITIES
Our 32-acre campus in Shunyi district close to popular expat residential compounds plays host to superior facilities:
- 2 purpose-built sports domes providing over 8,500m2 of space
- 4 fully-equipped gyms (one with a climbing wall)
- baseball and softball diamonds
- 2 full-sized turf soccer fields
- aquatics center with a 25m pool and diving boards
- 12 state-of-the-art science labs
- A student cooking lab
- A visual arts wing in the middle and high school, and art studios in elementary school.
- Our performing arts wing consists of a 600-seat theater, Black Box theater, rehearsal space, and studio stage.
- Two library-media centers with more than 82,000 volumes and over 160 magazine subscriptions.
ISB supports a one-to-one MacBook laptop program for each student in grades 2 through 12. A pharmaceutical grade (H-14) air filtration system ensures exceptionally high air quality in all our indoor areas. In 2015-16, we opened six new flexible learning spaces that optimize 21st century learning, namely three ‘collaboratories,’ two Maker Spaces, and our new ISB Futures Academy facilities.