Mission, Vision & Core Values
The International School of Beijing offers an academically rigorous, balanced and engaging learning environment enriched by being in China and strengthened by collaboration with parents and external partnerships. We cultivate inspirational and creative opportunities to develop each student's unique potential. We nurture confidence and intellectual curiosity through experiential learning and innovative applications of knowledge and skills.
The International School of Beijing aspires to be an adaptive, inspirational, forward-looking learning community, cultivating relationships that ignite each student's passion for lifelong-learning. We will nurture the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of each child. We will embrace change, inspire creativity and foster innovation. We will actively promote global understanding and respect within and between cultures. Our community will model integrity and seek opportunities to serve with compassion and conviction.
Our Core ValuesISB and its community embody the following values:
- Global-Mindedness fosters diversity of thought among students who consider their role in an increasingly connected world.
- Integrity is as highly valued as results, laying the platform by which we function.
- Respect among our community is a fundamental attribute for learning together.
- Balance in the lives of all our community members is promoted and supported.
- Service prepares engaged global citizens committed to contributing to the world around them.
- Creativity is a critical quality for future success, which along with innovation is valued and promoted.