At ISB, the Performing Arts department fosters an understanding of the world by facilitating a life-long love of the arts. Each discipline of the Performing Arts engages the intellectual, physical and emotional aspects of a child to promote creativity, self-expression, collaboration, multicultural awareness, interdisciplinary study and critical thinking.
As a Performing Arts department, we value:
- multicultural awareness
- arts as a vehicle for understanding the world
- interdisciplinary study
- critical thinking
We believe that students learn the Performing Arts best when they:
- are motivated and supported in a joyful and safe learning environment
- have a purpose-built space, tools and resources needed to learn and practice their art
- share leadership and take responsibility for their own learning
- are inspired through exposure to world class artists, experts, and performances
- develop self-awareness, empathy and understanding of the world through the arts
- collaborate and connect within an ensemble as they create, prepare, practice and share their art
- perform their art in varied and authentic settings
When developing our Theater curriculum, standards are based on the National Arts Standards.