Online Learning @ISB
In an ongoing effort to offer as wide as possible a range of courses to our students and expand individualized learning opportunities, ISB offers online courses delivered by the following providers:
Our online learning opportunities are available to all students in grades 10-12 (unless otherwise noted) with the following provisions:
- Participation requires ISB counselor approval.
- Students may take only a single online course per semester.
- Only courses not provided by ISB will be available to students.
- IB Diploma students can only take IB online courses.
- AP, IB courses are only available to students in grades 11 & 12.
- All courses (with the exception of IB and AP courses) receive elective credit, with special exceptions granted by the high school principal with input from school counselors.
Profile for success: Students who participate in an online course must exhibit a high degree of personal responsibility, meeting assignment deadlines and contacting their online teacher when assistance is needed. They need to be self-disciplined and motivated to succeed in the course. They should have strong reading and writing skills, good problem-solving ability, and at least basic computer ability. Organizational and time management skills are especially important for success online, and students need to allocate appropriate time to complete course work; the ISB schedule will include one block designated for study in this course. Interacting with other members of the online course is an integral part of the experience, and students should be prepared to engage with their teacher and classmates on a timely and frequent basis.