As a Design program, we empower learners through the collaborative design of transformative, authentic educational experiences that leverage contemporary tools, practices and spaces. Our dynamic program includes design, engineering, computer science and robotics. In all courses, students use the ISB Design Process as a framework for solving programs, designing for a purpose and working on authentic issues in our local and global communities.
- innovative application of transferrable knowledge and skills: the act of creating
- digital citizenship and literacy: conscious decisions around the impact of tech decisions
- design thinking
- purposeful connections with our community
We believe students learn best when:
- they are given authentic, meaningful tasks that make an impact
- they have agency in determining what they learn, how they learn it, and/or how they share what they have learned
- they can develop and apply a wide range of technical skills
- they can reflect on and share the process and product of their learning
Developing creative problem-solving skills and applying knowledge from all subject areas, students also develop technical skills such as: prototyping, graphic design, construction, woodworking, plastics recycling, 3D modeling, vector drawing for laser cutting, programming, and robotics.