Our Chinese program's philosophy reflects the school's mission, vision and core values. The Chinese program serves the language learning needs of students from diverse cultural backgrounds. We strive to provide a linguistic and culturally rich environment to educate and inspire all students to become effective communicators and global citizens, in the context of the 21st century.
As a EY-Grade 12 Chinese program, we values:
- aligning instruction to standards and benchmarks.
- supporting students' language development through a holistic and student-centered approach.
- providing individualized learning opportunities to accommodate diverse learning needs.
- fostering students' language ability and intercultural competence in order to contribute effectively to the local and global community.
developing students' language proficiency around modes of communicative competence that reflect authentic communication.
We believe that students learn Chinese best when they:
- are provided with opportunities to integrate their learning with other core subject areas.
- engage in a broad range of experiences to learn about China from historical, social and cultural perspectives.
- utilize 21st century skills as they develop their linguistic and cultural competencies.
- apply Chinese language skills in the real world when completing communicative tasks.
- connect and engage meaningfully with the local people and community.
When developing our Chinese Language curriculum, the standards are based on The Common Core Standards, American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages, and the Chinese National Curriculum Standards.
Grade Level Map
Coming soon ...