Celebrating 40 News
isb sTUDENT EmpowerMENT FUND
The ISB Student Empowerment Fund (SEF) is a continuation of the ISB Birthday Gift Fund (BGF) that was launched as a part of the celebrations for ISB’s 40th anniversary in the 2020-2021 school year. Building on the success of the BGF, the ISB SEF will continue to support projects and initiatives proposed by students and aligned with the school’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
Left to right: Jun S (Grade 10), Edward K (Grade 10), SangYoon L (Grade 10)The Student Empowerment Fund (formerly the Birthday Gift Fund) made it possible for us to expand our creativity and imagination. Our radio-controlled airplane project wouldn’t have reached where it is now without the support of the SEF, and all our club members feel thankful for this student fund. I encourage all students who want to expand your imagination to apply for the SEF. This is a great opportunity to try different things outside of your day-to-day academics.
SANGYOON L (GRADE 10)
What kind of projects will the SEF support?
Student Empowerment Fund projects must support one of the following areas:
- Service learning – engage ISB students in genuine and shared learning experiences. Build community and meaningfully strengthen ISB’s relationships with the local community and communities in need.
- Sustainability initiatives – contribute to the school’s sustainability goals.
- Creative learning – in academics, arts, design, and athletics, including creative ideas and actions to support real-world problem-solving.
Why support the ISB SEF?
- Expanding opportunities for student project learning and experiential learning.
- To empower students to make service an increasing part of their experience at ISB.
- To make up the difference between the amount the PTA is able to give to student service projects in normal years and in this current year due to Covid-19.
ISB Advancement Office: email@example.com
+86 (10)81492345 ext. 2220
Student Empowerment Fund news
Money has been assigned from a fund set up for ISB’s 40th anniversary year and set to be reopened in 2021-2022.
Money for transformative learning projects is available from a fund set up for ISB’s 40th anniversary.