ISB has a bustling aquatics environment with offerings for almost every student in the school. We offer PE Swim units; after school swim lessons through the After School Activities (ASA) program; seasonal swim team for elementary school, middle school and high school; and a highly competitive year-round Swim Academy. For more information on any of our programs, email Coach Nic at email@example.com.
- What is our coaching and teaching philosophy at ISB?
- How can I find out more about the ISB Dragons Swimming Academy?
- When are try-outs offered?
- If my child is not successful in getting a place on the selective academy team, what can I do?
- Does the school offer 1:1 coaching?
- Will coaching staff have background checks as per normal ISB staffing, before hiring takes place?
- Can seasonal swimmers travel to international swim meets?
There is a separate website dedicated to swim academy information, which is used to send correspondence, post results and give more detailed weekly information regarding this program.
Try-outs for the seasonal offerings will take place in the same week as our group standard time-trials for ES and MS. We will try our very best to include everyone who wants to swim competitively in the ES and MS seasons, unless safety concerns surrounding numbers causes us to select swimmers. There are 2 try-out weeks for the swim academy - one near the beginning of each semester. If a student is brand new to the school, then we can set-up a try-out on a chosen afternoon before the swim practices begin.