Our Strategic Plan
The ISB Strategic Plan
The International School of Beijing is focused on adding value to the experiences we offer students, families, and teachers while transforming lives in the process. Through a tailored, connected, real-world program, we provide students with exceptional opportunities to grow as individuals and as contributing members of the global community of the 21st century.
ISB recognizes that our students need to be prepared for the challenges of the future. After years of research and collaborative design, ISB has proactively identified key strategic directions to educate our students for college and for life as citizens of the world. ISB believes that a balanced and innovative approach to learning will work in conjunction with existing programs to add value by broadening ISB’s definition of success for all our students.
This vision has four overarching objectives:
- Providing all ISB students with the skills and experiences to take ownership of their unique talents to build a life of purpose and satisfaction.
- Focusing our time with each child as an opportunity to nurture their unique capacities and inspire a meaningful vision for our common future.
- Attracting, developing, and retaining the best professionals to achieve our vision.
- Enhancing ISB's standing as a vibrant, global and collaborative leader in education.
As an international school based in China, ISB is uniquely positioned to engage students in meaningful global and local experiences. Success in the 21st century will focus on maximizing the uniqueness and individual skills one has gained in a lifetime of learning. ISB aims to instill these skills and experiences in our students through four strategic initiatives that form Strategic Plan :
- Unite as a community around our core purpose and future direction.
- Facilitate each student's growth through personalized student learning.
- Advocate for and support each student's intellectual, physical, social and emotional health in partnership with students and families.
- Optimize school systems that increase flexibility to achieve ISB's mission and vision.